TACFIT Grappler Workout Series
I want to introduce you guys to Scott Sonnon who I will be a Featured Trainer on FunkMMA. Scott has trained many UFC and MMA fighters and is known for his TACFIT program, which I advise you get your hands on.
The workouts and the way your body will move and change will astound you. He is well respected amongst all fighters, trainers and coaches all over the world, so I am excited to continue to bring you the best, the world has to offer.
This month we are focusing on Scott’s TACFIT GRAPPLER WORKOUT SERIES… add these workouts to your arsenal and watch your grappler strength and movements improve.
NEW!!! GRAPPLER WORKOUT #3
Scott Sonnon demonstrates TACFIT Groundfighter 1C:
For Time, 6 Rounds (30sec recovery between):
* 30sec Lateral Plyometric Medball Pushup
* 30sec Recline Plyometric Rope Pullup
* 30sec Stability Ball Flag Pushup
* 30sec Recline Bridge Rope Pullup
* 30sec Double Clap Plyo Medball Pushup
* 30sec Thick Grip Clubbell Renegade Row
Grappler Workout #1
For Time, Compete 10 Rounds Non-Stop:: * 15 meter Farmers Walk (+200lbs) * 5/5 Belt-Resisted Low Shot Entries * 5/5 Stability Ball Screwing Pushups * 5 Stability Ball Flag Pushups * 5/5 (Guard Position) Screwing Pushups * 5/5 Stability Ball Guard Twists * 5 Medball Plyometric Pushups * 5/5 Stability Ball Leg Threads * 5/5 Double Kettlebell Plank Walks * 5 Glide-Disc Caterpillars * 30 seconds rope skipping (square, right and left stance) * R.E.S.E.T. Breathing to 65%HRmax before subsequent round!
Grappler Workout #2
Scott Sonnon demonstrates TACFIT Groundfighter 1B Workout.
6 Rounds, for time, of the following circuit:
* 5/5 Asymmetrical “Shovel” Snatches
* 5/5 Incline Rope Climb
* 10 TRX Roll Outs
* 5/5 1 Arm Barbell Plyo Pulls
* 5/5 1 Arm Barbell Plyo Pushes,5 Clapping Caterpillars
* 5/5 Reverse Guard Clubbell Drop Steps
* 5/5 Twisting Rope Catches
* 30 seconds Speed Jump Rope
Grappler Workout #4
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPM1L2zqsg&hd=1[/youtube] ABOUT SCOTT SONNON- http://www.rmaxinternational.com
Scott currently trains Israeli counter-terrorism, SEALs and secret service, American special ops personnel, bodyguards to the Italian Prime Minister, US federal agents, firemen, law enforcement agencies and UFC fighters.
“Flow Coach” Scott Sonnon was already an accomplished fighter with several championships under his belt when he traveled behind the tattered remains of the Iron Curtain to seek out ancient martial wisdom backed by Soviet sport science.
- Scott Sonnon is one of the world’s most well-known and successful coaches in the mixed martial arts discipline of Russian Sambo
- After many years as USA National Sambo Team Coach, International Category Referee and International and Grand National Champion, he earned the USSR’s most coveted athletic distinction, the Distinguished Master of Sport.
- With extensive combat and sport Sambo as his background, he was given the opportunity to become the first Westerner to study in Russia with the “Spetsnaz” special forces in the martial art of R.O.S.S. (also known as “Combat Sambo Spetsnaz”) and spent many years learning from Distinguished Master of Sports in Sambo and Judo, Russian General Alexander Retuinskih, founder of R.O.S.S.
- He has served as subject matter expert for professional fighters such as Alberto Crane, Elvis Sinosic, Andrei Arlovski, Jorge Rivera and Egan Inoue
- Scott Sonnon is an International Champion in Russian Sambo submission fighting and Chinese Sanshou kickboxing.
- In 1999, he was inducted into the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame for his innovative fitness leadership programs for martial artists around the world
- In 2006, he was nominated as “Pioneer of American Sambo” by the American Sambo Association, and was inducted into the World Head of Family Sokeship Council’s International Martial Arts Hall of Fame as “Grandmaster Instructor of the Year.”
- In 2007, he served as consultant to the History Channel’s “Human Weapon” television series – episode on Russian Sambo.
- Scott has assembled a group of top martial arts experts that all work and train together to test and develop the best possible MMA and Combat systems.
Complete 6 Rounds of:
20sec (right) Kneeling Kettlebell “Sambo” Swing
20sec (right) Medball Kneeling Lunge
20sec (right) Medball Dragon Squat
20sec (left) Kneeling Kettlebell “Sambo” Swing
20sec (left) Medball Kneeling Lunge
20sec (left) Medball Dragon Squat
20sec Kettlebell Medball Core Pushup
20secR/20secL Clubbell Bridge Press
20sec Kettlebell Plank Pushups