Adding the Ultimate Sandbag as a training tool is essential for any MMA or Combat Athlete.
Think about it, as a striker when you are in a clinch you have to constantly use the stabilizing muscles to shift and try to control your opponent.
As a BJJ Artist or Grappler you have to use your muscles isometrically and engage the core to hold opponents in guard or attempt submissions.
As a wrestler you are constantly transitioning and incorporating power movements against the opponents’ unpredictable bodyweight.
So I went ahead and ripped up three Sandbag Workouts dedicated to the MMA Athlete. Of course anyone can use these workouts or incorporate some of the exercises, but I had the MMA Athlete in mind when I create them.
Here is a 3-Part Sandbag Workout Series for Combat and MMA Athletes. (3 VIDEOS)
MMA SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR STRIKERS
MMA SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR BJJ AND GRAPPLERS
MMA SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR WRESTLERS
Training with the sandbag can help athletes train more effectively for different movements that you will face in fight. You can also train all 8 essential abilities for the MMA athletes: strength, power, endurance, speed, agility, co-ordination, balance, and flexibility using the Ultimate Sandbag.
Sandbags stimulate more muscles than using barbells, bodyweight and dumbbells. Because sandbags change their shape as you lift them, the body has to recruit the big prime movers as well as the stabilizers to perform all the lifts. This means we are training more muscles leading to a better result! Sandbags allow you to train for grip strength as well.
Holding the sandbag in different positions makes you work the core harder. The weight actually tries to pull your body forward and your trunk must resist or the core has to prevent the body when the weight is loaded on the side.
The shifting nature of sand works great to mimic a moving opponent. If you don’t have a sandbag, than I highly recommend the Ultimate Sandbag, but you can also make your own sandbag.
Oh and add that when training with sandbag, you are using compound lifts which is the key element in fat loss programs.
Bottom line is as an MMA Athlete; you need to add the Ultimate Sandbag training into your Strength and Conditioning program.
Workout Instructions for all Sandbag Workouts
10 Exercise Circuit – Complete 3 Full Rounds – 41 Minutes
Perform each exercise in succession for 60 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds rest. You will do as many reps as you can, in that duration, then move on to the next exercise.
After you complete all 10 exercises or one round in succession you will rest for 2 minutes.
GET YOUR FUNK GYMBOSS TIMER: http://tinyurl.com/yllwjdt
CHECK OUT THE ULTIMATE SANDBAG FOR YOURSELF — CLICK LINK – http://www.mcssl.com/app/?af=1362094
Use Coupon Code “funk” to get an additional 10% off your Ultimate Sandbag
MMA SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR STRIKERS
1. Sandbag Shoveling 3:21
2. Squat Thrusts to Sandbag Cleans 3:34
3. Sandbag Thrusters in Fighters Stance Rd 1 – Right Rd 2 – Left Rd 3 – 5 per side 3:53
4. Side to Side Plyo Kettlebell Push Ups 4:09
5. Sandbag Rotational High Pull 4:20
6. Side Plank and KB Press Left 4:35
7. Side Plank and KB Press – Right 4:46
8. Sandbag Bent Over Rows 4:52
9. Sprawl with Knee Strike Rd 1 – Right Rd 2 – Left Rd 3 – 5 per side 4:59
10. Sandbag Russian Twist 5:13
SPARTACUS SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR BJJ AND GRAPPLERS
Funk is using a 40lbs Ultimate Sandbag for Strength
1. Sandbag Thrusters — Regular Stance 2:46
2. Squat Thrust to Clean 3:02
3. Plank Builds with Lateral Sandbag Slide 3:24
4. Sandbag High Pulls 3:40
5. Sandbag Abs Chops 3:51
6. Bear Hug Squats 4:02
7. Single Arm Push Up Grip Row Right 4:11
8. Single Arm Push Up Grip Row Left 4:18
9. Sprawl with Knee Strike Rd 1 – Right Rd 2 – Left Rd 3 – 5 per side 4:27
10. Side to Side Plyo Kettlebell Push Ups 4:42
MMA SANDBAG WORKOUT FOR WRESTLERS 2:09
1. Squat Thrusts to Overhead Chop 2:20
2. Side to Side Plyo Kettlebell Push Ups 2:45
3. Sandbag High Pulls 2:56
4. Sandbag thrusters Wrestlers Stance – Rd 1 Left Rd 2 Right rd 3 Alternate 3:12
5. Sandbag Abs Chops 3:28
6. Plank Builds with Lateral Sandbag Slide 3:41
7. Bear Hug Squat Jumps 3:55
8. Side Plank and KB Press Left 4:08
9. Side Plank and KB Press – Right 4:17
10. Wrestlers Sprawls Rd 1 Left Rd 2 Right rd 3 Alternate
In accordance with the FTC guidelines I am required to inform you that some of the links within this email or the links on pages it refers you may be affiliate links. When this is the case, if you purchase products through these links then we receive a commission. The amount of commission varies from product to product and in these cases we only ever recommend a product that we fully stand behind.