SPARTACUS “THIS IS WAR” STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING WORKOUT
This weekend I ripped through this awesome workout at the gym.
I changed it up a bit by adding dumbbells into the mix, but challenging myself using heavier weights. I kept the same Spartacus Workout protocol (10 exercise interval circuit: 45 seconds of work and 15 seconds rest per interval)
This workout has it all Cardio, Conditioning, Power, Abs and Core Strength, Muscular Endurance, Explosiveness and Plyometrics
As an MMA and Combat athlete your workouts need to focus on endurance, strength, power, explosiveness, core strength and conditioning.
When designing your workouts, think of incorporating some of the following movements:
Pulls (horizontal or vertical), Pushes (horizontal and vertical), Presses (upper body), Knee Dominant (lower body), Core Strength (planks, abs), Rotation (Abs and Full body), Hip Dominant, Explosive Power and Plyometrics.
If you include these types of movements in your training you will ensure to have effective full body circuit workout.
You can use this type of workout on your Strength Workout days (it also has cardio) or as a stand-alone workout 2X per week.
If you are including this workout on one of your Martial Arts Training days, perform this after. You do not want to be tired and out of energy for those important technique sessions.
Challenge yourself by using heavy weights warm up before and stretch after this workout.
Warm Up for 10 minutes before this workout and stretch after you are done.
10 Exercise Circuit – Complete 3 full circuits.
Perform each exercise in succession for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds rest. You will do as many reps as you can, in that duration, then move on to the next exercise
After you complete all 10 exercises or one circuit in succession you will rest for 2 minutes. Then repeat 2 more times.
1. STANDING DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS (25lbs) – Press Exercise
2. PLYO SPLIT SQUATS – Plyometrics and Knee Dominant
3. HEAVY DUMBBELL SNATCH left (40lbs) – Explosive Power and Strength
4. ABS BICYCLES – Rotation Abs
5. HEAVY DUMBBELL SNATCH RIGHT (40lbs) – Pull, Explosive Power and Strength
6. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS BURPEES (5 PER LEG) – Core Strength
7. DUMBBELL FLOOR CHEST PRESS (25lbs) – Press
8. DUMBBELL JUMP SQUATS (25LBS) – Knee Dominant, Plyometrics
9. ABS HIP BRIDGE TO LEG THRUSTS – Hip Dominant
10. CLOSE GRIP PUSH UPS – Push – Upper Body
GET YOUR GYMBOSS TIMER FOR 19.95 – http://tinyurl.com/yllwjdt