MMA CONDITIONING CIRCUIT WORKOUT
This was the workout one of my coaches, Eric Miller of MMA Athletic Club, put together as a warm up before Muay Thai Training session. I always suggest doing some functional strength and conditioning training before or after your MMA training sessions.
MMA Athletic Club is another place I am training for my Muay Thai Fight in Thailand. I get a lot of sparring and great technique and footwork training from Coach Eric. I have been training with Eric on and off for the past couple of years. MMA Athletic Club is located on Carlaw Ave in Toronto Canada. Come and train with me on Tuesday or Thursday nights (it changes for me)
The video is the final round of the circuit. There were four of us so 2 started at exercise 1 and the other 2 at exercise 4. IF you are a trainer or gym owner, this is a great exercise for you to use at your gym. Funk Tip: if you have 8 or more athletes at one time just have them at each station.
MMA ATHLETIC CLUB CIRCUIT
10 Exercise Circuit
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest.
Complete all 10 exercises then rest one minute and repeat for 3-5 rounds
- Wrestlers/BJJ Pass R – explode from side to side and thrust your hips up
- Medicine Ball Slams – Front and Side to Side – the medicine ball down explosively with your torso and arms as one unit – great exercise to build power.
- Wrestlers/BJJ Pass L – explode from side to side and thrust your hips up
- Laps – Run Forward (Rd 1), Side Shuffles (rd 2), Run Backwards (rd 3)
- Push Ups – Upper body strength and endurance
- Mountain Climbers – great plyometric exercise for explosive knees, strong core, upper body and shoulder endurance
- Two Arm Kettlebell Swings – pure power and explosive movement that also works conditioning
- Turkish Get-Up Dumbbell R- The ultimate full body exercise. Literally using every muscle in your body to get up
- Posture Up – Explosive exercise that will also train quickness and agility
- Turkish Get-Up Dumbbell L- The ultimate full body exercise. Literally using every muscle in your body to get up
Thanks for the workout Eric