I have to admit, it’s been a long time since I did a full kettlebell workout…and I miss them so much!
Using kettlebells to for strength and muscle mass is great, especially if you use challenging weight.
The harder you work the more calories you burn too.
SPARTACUS KETTLEBELL WORKOUT FOR STRENGTH
Because using kettlebells are ballistic, there are many more muscles being used at the same time accelerating your fat burning and muscle building.
Mike Mahler, a kettlebell instructor, expert and strength coach, indicates like weight training, there are five areas that are worth focusing on for balanced development of the body 5 Pillars of Strength Exercises and my workout incorporates most of them.
1. Press: 2. Pull: 3. Squat: 4. Lower Body Pull: 5. Core:
Covering the above five areas ensures that you build a strong and balanced physique.
I put together this workout that uses one kettlebell and your Gymboss Timer. It takes about 35 minutes and is super effective.
Grab your Kettlebell, Gymboss Timer and try this workout today!
GET YOUR GYMBOSS TIMER FOR 19.95 – http://tinyurl.com/yllwjdt
SPARTACUS KETTLEBELL WORKOUT FOR STRENGTH – NO REST FOR THE WICKED
10 Exercise Circuit – Complete 3 full circuits
Perform each exercise in succession for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds rest. You will do as many reps as you can, in that duration, then move on to the next exercise.
After you complete all 10 exercises or one circuit in succession you will rest for 2 minutes. Then repeat 2 more times.
Suggested Weight: Men use 16-24kg Women 8-16kg
Please make sure you warm up before you start.
Pre-Workout Kettlebell Warm up – 30 Seconds Each Exercise
1. Around the Body Pass – 30 seconds clockwise and counter-clockwise
2. Halos – 30 seconds clockwise and counter-clockwise
3. Figure 8’s – 30 seconds one way and switch
4. Good Morning Stretch – 30 seconds
1. 2 ARM SWING-CATCH AND SQUAT – Lower Body and Squat
2. KB CLEAN AND PRESS – LEFT – Lower Body Pull and Press
3. 2 ARM SWING-CATCH AND SQUAT – Lower Body and Squat
4. KB CLEAN AND PRESS – RIGHT – Lower Body Pull and Press
5. ONE ARM SWINGS – LEFT – Lower Body Pull
6. TURKISH GET UP – LEFT – Core
7. ONE ARM SWINGS – RIGHT – Lower Body Pull
8. TURKISH GET UP – RIGHT – Core
9. KB WINDMILL – LEFT – Core and Abs
10. KB WINDMILL – RIGHT – Core and Abs