The Kettlebell Swing is one of my all-time favourite exercises because it is great for developing explosive lower body power, strengthen the core, increase your cardio and conditioning and burn fat. In most of my circuits you will see some variation of the swing but the two-arm swing is the basic one. It’s a staple in most of my workouts because it works!
The main muscles targeted in the swing are the hamstrings and glutes. With the swing you generate force from the hips, legs and back of the body. This develops the lower body power, explosiveness and flexibility.
Swings work the abs and strengthen the core muscles as they provide a stable platform for other muscles to pull from.
Exercises like kettlebell swings can improve your cardiovascular endurance while giving your muscles a workout. In fact if you use this as your major conditioning exercise and body fat burner.
You can use kettlebell swings in your circuits, as tabatas, finishers or in a cardio workout.
I recommend kettlebell swings for women wanting to tighten up the glutes and burn fat in the lower body; men that want to burn fat and build lean muscles; MMA and Combat athletes that want to improve muscular endurance, explosive power and cardio.
Grab your kettlebell today, practice this movement and watch your body, cardio and strength increase rapidly.
TWO ARM KETTLEBELL SWINGS
• Hold kettlebell with two hands at arms legs down at your waist.
• Swing the kettlebell between your legs and thrust your hips forward to swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
• Do not round your lower back (keep back straight) and bend at your hips and knees.
• Swing the weight back and forth – USE THE HIPS TO THRUST THE KETTLEBELL, NOT YOUR SHOULDERS – Do not use your shoulders to lift kettlebell
• At the top of the swing, PAUSE & SQUEEZE your GLUTES and tighten your AB’s to maximize muscle lift and firmness.
Use heavy weight
Learn Kettlebell Basics – CLICK LINK http://blog.spartacusworkout.com/2012/01/how-to-use-kettlebells-with-ajamu-bernard-kbell-training-academy/
Tips for Buying your Kettlebell Video -CLICK LINK – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7JrBm37MfI
BUY KETTLEBELLS BELOW:
My Mad Methods – https://new.mymadmethods.com/index.php/equipment/?partner_id=339
Power Systems Fitness – USA – http://www.power-systems.com/s-3-kettlebells.aspx?type=banner&&affId=135909
Treadmill Factory – http://tinyurl.com/treadmill-factory