In the quest to lose weight, get ripped, make weight for a fight or lean out, nutrition is the number one key to reaching that goal. You have to have a solid diet plan.
Don’t get me wrong, the more metabolic exercise you add the healthier your heart, stronger your bones, more muscles you will have and the faster the fat will burn.
So, during my training for my Muay Thai fight, I thought I would shoot this video of a typical nutrition day for me, but also wanted to show you that for under $31.00 per day, you can eat incredibly healthy.
This video is RAW, but I am sure you will get the picture. If you are an active man or woman that trains with high intensity then you will have NO PROBLEM getting ripped and losing weight with a typical nutrition day as I show you.
Believe me it works, I actually went from 196lbs-178lbs in just over 7 weeks and maintained muscularity and strength…I was ripped! The healthy nutrition fuelled my workouts and helped me to recovery during the tough workouts.
Also in this post, you get a sample 3 day meal plan, I have giving you my nutrition strategies and what NOT to eat so check it out!
SAMPLE 3 DAY GET RIPPED NUTRITION PLAN
|MEAL 1||OATMEAL AND PROTIEN POWDER WITH FRUIT|
|MEAL 2||EGG WHITES AND EGG NOODLES (MIXED) – CHEESE|
|MEAL 3||CHICKEN AND SALAD|
|MEAL 4||LIBERTE GREEK YOGURT WITH FRUIT AND ALMONDS|
|MEAL 5||RICE AND CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES|
|MEAL 6||COTTAGE CHEESE and STRAWBERRIES|
|MEAL 1||ENGLISH MUFFINS WITH EGG WHITES AND CREAM CHEESE – TOMATOES|
|MEAL 2||VEGGIE PLATE WITH LEAN TURKEY SLICES|
|MEAL 3||TURKEY SANDWHICH|
|MEAL 4||FRUIT PLATE WITH PROTEIN POWDER|
|MEAL 5||POTATO (SWEET POTATO) SPINACH SALAD|
|MEAL 6||LIBERTE GREEK YOGURT WITH ALMONDS AND BANANA|
|MEAL 1||PROTEIN SMOOTHIE – MADE WITH WATER MIXED WITH FRUIT|
|MEAL 2||RICE AND EGG WHITES|
|MEAL 3||PASTA WITH TUNA IN RED SAUCE AND BROCOLLI|
|MEAL 4||TUNA WITH RED KIDNEY BEANS|
|MEAL 5||LEAN RED MEAT – SWEET POTATO – VEGGIES|
|MEAL 6||PROTEIN POWDER MIXED WITH WATER – CHOCOLATE|
Stay tuned for the FUNKMMA – Nutrition for Combat Fighters E-book coming soon! This downloadable eBook will give you all the information and meal plans for training and cutting for fights, targeted to both male and female combat athletes.
FUNK’S NUTRITION STRATEGIES
There are so many different diets out there that ell you so many things. They try to complicate it for you, Low carb, low fat, high protein, high fibre, Chinese tea secrets, 2 day fasts, detox diets…. It’s all WAY too confusing for new dieters when in fact it is very easy once you understand it.
They key to nutrition is to “Keep it Simple”. Eat clean, raw, real healthy foods as much as possible. More vegetable, fruits, lean meat and fish, quality fats, grains and drink the hell out of water!
Obviously if you are a women you are serving size will be much smaller. Even my Fiancé Angela would eat like this and she is as fit as a fiddle.
This is NOT a nutrition sample for a man or woman who does not work out or is not highly active.
So how does it work, or what are the rules…I can simplify it by giving you Funk’s 10 Nutrition Strategies
FUNK’S 10 NUTRITION STRATEGIES
- Every meal must have a PROTEIN
- EAT A MEAL AFTER YOU TRAIN – You must eat a meal within an hour after your training..containing 2-1 carbs to protein
- PROTEIN SHAKE – Try to get protein shake/smoothie immediately after training with 3-1 carbs to protein
- PREPARE YOUR MEALS – You have to have food ready to eat at all times, especially if you are on the road, bring food with you.
- DRINK WATER with all meals, in between and during training
- Eat as much REAL FOODS as possible – eat real fruits, veggies, lean meats, grains and healthy fats
- EAT EVERY 3 HOURS – Try to eat every 3 hours. Don’t be afraid to add another small healthy meal/snack if you feel like you have no energy or if you have a long day.
- EAT YOUR CARBS – Carbs gives you energy, so you need to use them to get you through your workouts – don’t be afraid of carbs but make sure you earn them!
- DO NOT STARVE – When you starve your body will hold onto every last bit of fat so that it is protected – It’s the opposite of what you want
- GIVE YOURSELF A CHEAT DAY – Give yourself one day each week to eat what you want – ONLY ONE DAY! The rest of the week, EAT CLEAN!
WHAT NOT TO EAT – IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND GET RIPPED
Foods and Drinks you MUST stay away from if you want to lose weight
- Soda, Diet Sodas and Fruit Juices (tons of sugar and lots of empty calories)
- Processed Foods
- Packaged or Frozen Foods
- Alcohol (empty calories and usually leads to bad food choices when drinking)
- Fast Food (McDonalds)
- Creamy salad dressings (Ranch, 1000 Island, etc.)
Cut all these foods out of your nutrition plan and diet and you will forever be FREE of FAT!