Well, that’s a bunch of crap. 🙂
Sure, there’s a time and a place to go low-carb, but there’s nothing “bad” about carbs so long as they’re the unprocessed, fibrous variety.
Below is video #1 of my three part series on the Importance of Carbs for Fat and Weight Loss. I’ll be sending you two more videos over the next couple of days or you can sit back and watch the playlist on YouTube.
Also below is a great article from my buddy Shaun Hadsall who has just launched his 4 Cycles of Fat Loss last week but is extending his 50% off launch price to friends of Funk Roberts that want to pick up his program until Saturday Nov 3, 2012. But first watch the video #1 and read his article below.
Article from my friend Shaun Hadsall:
Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to spend quality time around a lot of people that have competed in fitness modeling or bodybuilding competitions.
These are people whose JOB it is to get and stay at single-digit bodyfat levels.
I’ve noticed one thing in particular that every one of these physique competitors have in common…
They ALL use carbohydrate “manipulation” as one of the main nutrition factors that they focus on to get seriously lean. Carb manipulation simply means cycling carbs strategically on a daily or weekly basis.
And there’s absolutely no reason you can’t do the same exact thing too!
But first, you need to realize that carbs are not necessarily the enemy all the time. In fact, they can actually be your best fat burning friends – IF you use them strategically.
So if you really want to control fat loss once and for all and learn how it’s possible for you to “mimic” the fitness pros who sport a six pack abs and super models who keep their tummies flat, it’s crucial for you to understand the pros and cons of carb intake.
Trust me, it can be a love-hate relationship.
The Pros of Carbs
1. Carbs are muscle sparing. In other words, they preserve and prevent the breakdown of lean calorie burning muscle tissue.
2. They provide energy to the brain and the body.
3. They help spark our metabolism and keep it elevated to prevent metabolic slowdown and keep fat-burning hormones at optimal levels.
4. They fuel vitally important metabolic processes in the body that can help us exercise harder and recover faster.
5. They stimulate insulin, which leads to a very anabolic/muscle building environment (this is kind of a catch 22 as you’ll read in a second).
The Cons of Carbs
1. Carbs spike insulin levels and elevate blood sugar. It’s almost impossible to burn body fat in the presence of high insulin levels. (hence – the catch 22 above)
2. Consuming too many carbs over lengthy periods of time can lead to a lot of fat spillover (see chart below), which leads to excess fat storage. Think obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
3. Carbs (especially processed carbs) are the most abused nutrient from both a health and fat loss perspective.
4. Excess carb intake creates a lot of water retention, which leads to a soft look so it makes you look and feel bloated.
5. Processed carbs hide nasty fillers and chemicals that can potentially lead to severe health challenges. We call these obesity additives.
Additionally, grain-based processed carbs such as cereasl, breads, and most pastas contain “anti-nutrients” and gluten that can block fat-loss and potentially lead to various types of autoimmune diseases and internal inflammation.
Now you can see why people think you can just cut out carbs to lose weight.
Obviously there’s a lot more to it because we need carbs to stay healthy and keep our metabolism happy and burning fat.
Additionally, low carb diets really only work for 5 to 7 days at a time before your thyroid and leptin levels react negatively to slow metabolic rate and suppress fat burning hormones.
Now you can see the crux of carb intake. It can be a double-edged sword.
That’s why you gotta get “sneaky” and cycle your carb intake to maximize both your health and long term fat-loss. And that exactly what my buddy Shaun Hadsall shows you how to do in his 4 Cycle Fat-Loss Carb Cycling System.
You’ll discover exactly how to eat LOTS of carbs and NEVER store them as fat with a brand new technique called Macro-Patterning™ and it’s pretty darn cool if I do say so myself.
In fact, it’s mandatory that you use high carb days and even your favorite cheat foods when using Shaun’s new system.
You’ll use your favorite carbs to:
1. Stimulate the hormones that control your body’s ability to burn off stubborn belly fat
2. PREVENT the metabolic slowdown that causes plateaus when trying to lose weight with a traditional “diet”.
3. Double the fat-burning effect EVERY time you exercise
That’s what makes Shaun’s 4 Cycles of Fat Loss unlike any other nutrition plan on the planet.
The end result? You RID “dieting” from your life forever and AVOID rebound weight gain once and for all.
Woohoo! NO MORE dieting!!
The weight-loss industry has needed a solution like this for years so it’s something that I HIGHLY recommend.
GRAB this system. You won’t regret it. And right now it’s HALF price to celebrate the official “release party” going on this week only.
But wait. If that’s not enough to get you off the fence, you also get instant access to Shaun’s 7 Day Ab “Targeted” Exercise bonus with your ½ price order.
This guide contains some BRAND new extremely powerful techniques that literally forces your body to release the hormones that “break apart” and release stubborn pockets of fat (and even cellulite) into the blood stream to burned off.
So you’ll visually see your belly get flatter in only 7 days. But in addition to that, Shaun shows you how you can combine this sequence with his 7 Day Carb Depletion Diet (Cycle 1 of the 4 Cycle Solution) to “see” your belly get significantly flatter.
All in only ONE short week.
Harness the power of carb cycling and Macro-Patterning™ to experience 7 days of your FASTEST fat-loss ever
Remember, the price doubles in just a few days and the *free* rapid-fat loss bonus disappears for good – so take action now.